In today’s times when markets are going global merely having a digital presence is not sufficient. Your website has to be effective, interactive and optimized if it has to captivate and retain visitors. It makes sense to adopt a business minded approach while designing your website as that will ensure you a great return on your investment.
Factors Affecting the ROI of your Website
Several factors lead to varying ROIs for every website. Some of the major factors are listed below:
- Costs of Creation: Costs of designing the website depends on the time spent and the skill of the web design company. The more complex a design and greater time involved in designing, the more will be its cost.
- Costs of Maintenance: Costs of maintenance such as cost of hosting, content marketing, updating etc. are determining factors. Designing a website that can be easily updated is a good option.
- Website Traffic: The number of visitors frequenting your website is one of the major factors determining the success of your website. A search engine optimized website will result in greater traffic numbers. Take into consideration the cost of marketing that is required to pull in traffic.
- Conversion Rate: The conversion rate of your website ultimately determines the ROI for your website. The web design is a major determining factor impacting the conversions. Your website has to be designed for your potential customers. A responsive website that is mobile friendly along with relevant content, captivating design and seamless interactions will go a long way in facilitating conversions.
- Lifespan of Your Website: How long your website remains effective will also decide the return on your investment. A website that remains effective for a long time will yield a higher return on investment while a poorly designed website will have to redesigned within a couple of years or so. The web development agency that you choose for designing your website has to be an efficient one. Creaa Designs will help you here.
Optimum Mix of Aesthetics and Functionality
Your website has to have the combined elements of attractiveness and functionality if it has to achieve the purpose it is meant for. Your website has to essentially:
- Introduce yourself and your business and do it effectively
- Be aesthetically pleasant and relevant to your brand
- Seek direct connect with your buyer persona
- Make effective use of calls to action (CTAs) to evoke required action from visitors
Once your website pulls in the correct demographic and retains their attention, it is necessary to generate pathways that will lead them to buy your product or service and thus increase your return on investment. Placement of calls to action assumes great significance. If you have decided on your buyer persona then deciding which CTAs to put and their positions on the homepage becomes easier. Most often visitors are directed to a contact page, About Us page or products/services page. You need to also give importance while deciding their placement on the internal pages or the landing page.
Having a website that appeals to the eye and fulfills the purpose for which it is being visited is the key to a successful digital strategy and consequently to greater ROIs.